Change Hotmail Password In 6 Easy Steps
We live in an era where the use of computer and Internet has become an integral part of our daily bustle. This dependency has exposed us to a severe online vulnerability. Hotmail is one of the eminent mail service providers, gained an immense popularity across the globe due to its amazing features. But to prevent our Hotmail password, we need to change Hotmail password on a regular basis.
Not all users are so much technically sound that they can change Hotmail password on their own. But changing Hotmail password can prevent you from hovering privacy threats and prevent you from an undesired intrusion in your account.
If you don’t know how to change Hotmail password, then the following easy steps can help-
- Login to your Hotmail email account
- Click on your profile picture in order to select “View account”
- Now click on “Change password”, enter the latest password and, then click “Sign in”
- After this, you need to verify your account and to do so, click on “Send code” on the mobile number or secondary email address listed in your Hotmail account.
- After verifying your account, enter your current password, your new password and confirm the new password by re-entering
- Finally, click “Next”, and you will receive an email, confirming the change of password
Tips To Keep Your Password Safe-
Better be safe than sorry. Keeping few things can prevent your account from getting hacked and eliminates the possibility that someone is keeping eyes over your account activities.
Change password periodically
Changing Hotmail account password periodically, be it third monthly or six monthly can prevent the undesired access to your account. The moment you change it, the intruder will get out of your account, automatically.
Choose a strong password
A strong password is hard to guess and crack. Make a password which is easy to remember and hard to guess. A password with a mix of the lower and upper case letters, numbers, and special characters are considered to be the stronger.
Don’t give anyone your login credentials
Don’t believe on anyone, when it comes to your login credentials. You never know what’s cooking in their mind.
Avoid login your account into a new device
Avoid login your account into a new device and if you do so, ensure that your account is logged off.
Self-enter the URL of Hotmail
Always self-enter the URL of Hotmail and avoid a login page redirected from another web page. It can be a phishing page.
Hope this piece of information is helpful. But if you still feel unease about how to change Hotmail password on Android/iOS or on any other device, then you can contact the Hotmail support service to get the help on a real time basis.